About UsHoneymoons or Couples
Family Holiday Packages
Executive Luxury Safaris
Kenya Travel Guide
Kenya Holiday Reviews
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
ATOL Financial Protection
ABERDARE NATIONAL PARK
The Aberdare National Park was created in 1950 to protect the forested slopes and moors of the Aberdare Mountains.
While the park has elephant, lion, rhino, black leopard and the beautiful but elusive bongo antelope, it is rarely visited by safari companies and individual travellers.
There are a number of reasons for this, one is that the high rainfall turns the roads to mudslides and you need a 4x4 to get anywhere, and as a result the park often closes in the wet season.
Added to this is the dense forest, which makes game viewing tricky. Lastly, other than campsites with minimal facilities, the only accommodation is at two very expensive tree lodges.
The lodges are also the main attraction of the Aberdares. Both Treetops and The Ark are built above the ground beside floodlit waterholes with salt licks.
Visitors must book in advance and cannot make their own way to the lodges in private vehicles. Instead check-in is at the Aberdare Country club for The Ark and the Outspan Hotel for Treetops and they bus you to the lodge. Treetops is one of Kenya's most famous hotels as this is where British Princess Elizabeth was informed that she was now Queen in 1952 when her father died.
The Ark, however, offers better game viewing, especially at night. Nocturnal game viewing is taken so seriously that there is a bell in each room which sounds if an unusual animal turns up at the waterhole. Elephant, buffalo, rhino, leopard and bushbuck are regular visitors. The hotel is reached via a gangway which takes you to the level of the forest top.
2) PACKAGE NOTES
- The Safaris can be combined with our Beach Holidays Packages and here are some Safari and Beach Holiday Combinations
- These Safaris can depart any day.
- The Safari Game Drives operate daily .
- Balloon Safaris (Early morning balloon safari over the Masai Mara with a Champagne breakfast in the bush when you land (cooked on the balloons burners) available on request at an extra GBP 300 per person
- The itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit you.
- For precise costs based on your preferred departure dates, please contact us .
Low Season Prices(01/Apr to 24/May) for 6 Days: £960 Per Person
Mid Season Prices(01/Mar to 31/Mar - 01/Nov to 24Dec) for 6 Days: £1060 Per Person
High Season Prices(01/Jan to 29/Feb - 28/May to 31/Oct - 25/Dec to 31/Dec) for 6 Days: £1160 Per Person
MADUKHA TOURS UK
Suite 12 Friary Chambers,
Hull High Street,
Tel: 0845 257 7005 | Fax: 0148 221 3881 | Enquiry Form