About UsHoneymoons or Couples
Family Holiday Packages
Executive Luxury Safaris
Kenya Travel Guide
Kenya Holiday Reviews
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
ATOL Financial Protection
2 Days Safari Holiday to the Kenyan Highlands
The large central plateau, the Highlands, is divided by the fault in two parts. At the western edge, the Mau Escarpment rises from the tanzanian border up to the Cherangani Hills, which fence the plateau that extends itself to the slopes of Mount Elgon. At the east side of the Rift, the Aberdare Range is backed by the Ngong Hills, southwest of Nairobi, and northward to Laikipia Escarpment.
The Eastern Highlands are dominated by the massive Monte Kenya, the highest in the country and the second in the whole continent. At its snowy heights there are three outstanding peaks, Lenana (4,985 m) and the twin Nelion (5,188 m) and Batian (5,199 m). This region comprises the provinces Rift Valley, Central and Nairobi. Two major cities are included: Nairobi, the capital, and Nakuru, the country's fourth city, next to the lake of the same name. The Highlands' moderate climate and fertile valleys attracted the settling of the first pioneers.
2) DETAILED ITINERARY
Day 1: Drive through the glamorous coffee estates before reaching the foothills of Mt. Kenya arriving in time for lunch at you base hotel. Take a nature walk or relax until; night fall when you can spend quite hours watching the numerous wildlife that visit the flood lit water hole and saltlick below, overnight at the lodge, full board.
Day 2 : after breakfast drive back to Nairobi , and have your lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant
3) PACKAGE NOTES
- The Safaris can be combined with our Beach Holidays Packages and here are some Safari and Beach Holiday Combinations
- These Safaris can depart any day.
- The Safari Game Drives operate daily .
- Balloon Safaris (Early morning balloon safari over the Masai Mara with a Champagne breakfast in the bush when you land (cooked on the balloons burners) available on request at an extra GBP 300 per person
- The itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit you.
- For precise costs based on your preferred departure dates, please contact us .
MADUKHA TOURS UK Suite 12 Friary Chambers,
Hull High Street,
Tel: 0845 257 7005 | Fax: 0148 221 3881 | Enquiry Form