About UsHoneymoons or Couples
Family Holiday Packages
Executive Luxury Safaris
Kenya Travel Guide
Kenya Holiday Reviews
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
ATOL Financial Protection
5 Day Safari to Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Serengeti
Lake Manayara is one of the most scenic parks that you will encounter on your journey in Tanzania. Measuring only 330 sq. km, of which the lake occupies 230 sq. km, it is ideal for a day trip.Lake Manayara is situated on the base of the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley. It derives its name from the Maasai word 'manyara' which is a plant known to us as Euphorbia tiraculli. This plant is used by the Maasai as a hedge to form a stockade for their cattle. As you approach the village Mto wa Mbu (pronounced mtowamboe) from Arusha, the rift wall provides spectacular viewing. Whilst driving up the rift wall, Lake Manyara appears behind you. The view is breathtaking, as you take in this massive lake with it's silver shimmer and surrounding vegetation.
2) DETAILED ITINERARY
Day 1; Depart Arusha in the morning for Lake Manyara ,Afternoon game drive , Dinner and overnight at lodge.
Day 2; After breakfast a 4wheel drive vehicle will take you 2000ft down to the crater,enjoy picnic lunch at the crater ,ascend back to lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3; After breakfast depart for Serengeti passing through Olduvai Gorge the site of Leakey's family discovery of fossils of human and animal ancestors dating back to almost two million years . Meals and overnight at lodge.
Day 4; Full day in Serengeti plains, Search for wild game you might have missed the previous game drive. Morning and after noon game drives. Meals and overnight at lodge.
Day 5; After breakfast depart for Arusha arriving by lunch time.
3) PACKAGE NOTES
- The Safaris can be combined with our Beach Holidays Packages and here are some Safari and Beach Holiday Combinations
- These Safaris can depart any day.
- The Safari Game Drives operate daily .
- Balloon Safaris (Early morning balloon safari over the Masai Mara with a Champagne breakfast in the bush when you land (cooked on the balloons burners) available on request at an extra GBP 300 per person
- The itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit you.
- For precise costs based on your preferred departure dates, please contact us .
Low Season Prices(01/Apr to 24/May) for 5 Days: £800 Per Person
Mid Season Prices(01/Mar to 31/Mar - 01/Nov to 24Dec) for 5 Days: £900 Per Person
High Season Prices(01/Jan to 29/Feb - 28/May to 31/Oct - 25/Dec to 31/Dec) for 5 Days: £1000 Per Person
MADUKHA TOURS UK
Suite 12 Friary Chambers,
Hull High Street,
Tel: 0845 257 7005 | Fax: 0148 221 3881 | Enquiry Form