About UsHoneymoons or Couples
Family Holiday Packages
Executive Luxury Safaris
Kenya Travel Guide
Kenya Holiday Reviews
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
ATOL Financial Protection
SHABA NATIONAL RESERVE
Shaba National Reserve is located north of Nairobi; Shaba's bush and grass vegetation makes Mount Kenya visible on the right side of the vast stretches of savannah land. Shaba took its name from the Mount Shaba (1525 meters), a volcanic mountain that became extinct around 5,000 years ago. Mount Shaba lies on the border of the reserve. Shaba National Reserve, adjacent to Samburu and Buffalo Springs National Reserve, is 97 square miles in size, and can be entered through gates Natorbe, Chanler's falls and Shaba.
The Shaba National Reserve is very peaceful, and attracts animals because of River Uaaso Nyiro (meaning brown water - pronounced U-aa-so-Nyee-ro) that runs through it, and the mixture of acacia, riverine forest, thorn trees and grass vegetation. The Uaaso Nyiro flows from the Kenyan highlands, and completes down stream at the famous Lorian Swamp. The natural serenity that is evident here is because of its distance from development, industries and inaccessibility for many years. Animals commonly seen are elephants, lions, cheetahs, grevy's zebras, giraffes, gerenuks, buffalos, oryx, grants gazelles, dikdiks and waterbucks. The river forest attracts a wide variety of birds. Unfortunately, all the rhino population was eliminated here because of heavy poaching.
2) PACKAGE NOTES
- The Safaris can be combined with our Beach Holidays Packages and here are some Safari and Beach Holiday Combinations
- These Safaris can depart any day.
- The Safari Game Drives operate daily .
- Balloon Safaris (Early morning balloon safari over the Masai Mara with a Champagne breakfast in the bush when you land (cooked on the balloons burners) available on request at an extra GBP 300 per person
- The itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit you.
- For precise costs based on your preferred departure dates, please contact us .
Low Season Prices(01/Apr to 24/May) for 6 Days: £960 Per Person
Mid Season Prices(01/Mar to 31/Mar - 01/Nov to 24Dec) for 6 Days: £1060 Per Person
High Season Prices(01/Jan to 29/Feb - 28/May to 31/Oct - 25/Dec to 31/Dec) for 6 Days: £1160 Per Person
MADUKHA TOURS UK
Suite 12 Friary Chambers,
Hull High Street,
Tel: 0845 257 7005 | Fax: 0148 221 3881 | Enquiry Form