About UsHoneymoons or Couples
Family Holiday Packages
Executive Luxury Safaris
Kenya Travel Guide
Kenya Holiday Reviews
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
ATOL Financial Protection
SHIMBA HILLS NATIONAL RESERVE
Shimba Hills National Reserve in Kenya is about 45km south-west of Mombasa, and is about 312 km² of gently rolling hills and coastal rain forest. As it is up to 450m above sea level, it is a welcome cool relief from the heat of the coastal strip. It is best known for being the location of an isolated, relict population of Sable Antelope, with its beautifully proportioned, curving horns.
There is one lodge in the Park, Shimba Lodge, which overlooks a waterhole, which at least during our stay was unvisited. The lodge itself is attractive, built in the Treetops style, and like Treetops, run by Block Hotels.
The food was particularly good. At dinner, bushbabies come round the tables looking unbearably cute, looking for titbits of fruit. At breakfast, the same role is played by the Red-bellied Coast Squirrel.
Female Sable Antelopes form groups or 'clans' of varying numbers, who are hostile to each other when they meet. Infants are dun-coloured, darkening as they grow.
Males are completely black (with white markings) by the age of five. Older females are very dark in colour. We didn't manage to see any males, but were pleased to spend time with small groups of females with young.
2) PACKAGE NOTES
- The Safaris can be combined with our Beach Holidays Packages and here are some Safari and Beach Holiday Combinations
- These Safaris can depart any day.
- The Safari Game Drives operate daily .
- Balloon Safaris (Early morning balloon safari over the Masai Mara with a Champagne breakfast in the bush when you land (cooked on the balloons burners) available on request at an extra GBP 300 per person
- The itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit you.
- For precise costs based on your preferred departure dates, please contact us .
Low Season Prices(01/Apr to 24/May) for 6 Days: £960 Per Person
Mid Season Prices(01/Mar to 31/Mar - 01/Nov to 24Dec) for 6 Days: £1060 Per Person
High Season Prices(01/Jan to 29/Feb - 28/May to 31/Oct - 25/Dec to 31/Dec) for 6 Days: £1160 Per Person
MADUKHA TOURS UK
Suite 12 Friary Chambers,
Hull High Street,
Tel: 0845 257 7005 | Fax: 0148 221 3881 | Enquiry Form