About UsHoneymoons or Couples
Family Holiday Packages
Executive Luxury Safaris
Kenya Travel Guide
Kenya Holiday Reviews
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
ATOL Financial Protection
SWEETWATERS GAME RESERVE
Nestled between Mt. Kenya to the east and the Aberdares Mountains to the west, Sweetwaters Game Reserve is a privately held reserve covering some 24,000 acres. Although the rains had come to the areas to the south, this part of Kenya was still suffering badly from the 3 year drought.
The grass was dry and the animals few and far between. Another one of those irresistible photo opportunities at Sweetwaters is to pose with Morani the Rhinoceros (he's the gray one in back). Morani's name is derived from the Maasai word for warrior, but as long as you stay away from his horns, you're OK.
Here, you can experience your first night game drive. People go out at about 11PM, armed with a powerful spotlight, to observe the animals. Surprisingly, few animals are disturbed by the bright light. Unfortunately, people don't spot any night predators, but you do have the unusual opportunity to see giraffe laying down. This is an interesting sight - the body is hidden in the grass and just the long neck and head show.
You also observe elephants continuing to feed throughout the night. When you return to camp, you must wait for a herd of buffalo to disperse from around our tents before calling it a night. Located on the reserve is one of several Jane Goodall Institute Sanctuaries maintained in East Africa. Kept here are a group of chimpanzees originally housed at the JGI sanctuary in Bujumbura, Burundi. When the Burundi government became unstable in 1994, the chimpanzees were relocated here.
2) PACKAGE NOTES
- The Safaris can be combined with our Beach Holidays Packages and here are some Safari and Beach Holiday Combinations
- These Safaris can depart any day.
- The Safari Game Drives operate daily .
- Balloon Safaris (Early morning balloon safari over the Masai Mara with a Champagne breakfast in the bush when you land (cooked on the balloons burners) available on request at an extra GBP 300 per person
- The itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit you.
- For precise costs based on your preferred departure dates, please contact us .
Low Season Prices(01/Apr to 24/May) for 6 Days: £960 Per Person
Mid Season Prices(01/Mar to 31/Mar - 01/Nov to 24Dec) for 6 Days: £1060 Per Person
High Season Prices(01/Jan to 29/Feb - 28/May to 31/Oct - 25/Dec to 31/Dec) for 6 Days: £1160 Per Person
MADUKHA TOURS UK
Suite 12 Friary Chambers,
Hull High Street,
Tel: 0845 257 7005 | Fax: 0148 221 3881 | Enquiry Form